The Toyota Camry, has been America’s best-selling car for the past 11 years! Not only that the Camry has topped 10 million sales in the same year Camry celebrates its 30 year anniversary in the United States.
“We couldn’t be more excited about Camry’s 10 millionth sale in the U.S.,” said Bob Carter, senior vice president of automotive operations of Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. “With the support of so many loyal customers, Camry has truly become part of the country’s fiber. For seven generations, Toyota dealers have also been instrumental in getting Americans behind the wheel of a Camry. Camry is definitely helping Toyota Go Places.”
Let Put This Into Perspective With Some Fun Facts:
- If you lined up every Camry sold in the America end-to-end, they would stretch from Los Angeles to New York City and back more than six times.
- In its first full year of sales, Camry sold 52,651 units.
- Today, Camry is the most American-made car with 75 percent of its content sourced domestically, according to the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration.
- Overall, there are approximately 6.4 million Camry’s on the road.
- Camry was introduced as a front-wheel drive vehicle available in either four-door sedan or five-door hatchback configuration. It won acclaim from Consumer’s Digest in 1986 as a “Best Buy”, and has remained on the list since then.
- Camry: From the Japanese Kan-Muri, meaning “crown”.
- All Camrys are built at the Tsutsumi Plant in Toyota City, Japan, TMMK in Georgetown, KY, and the SIA (Subaru of Indiana Automotive) plant in Lafayette, Indiana.
How Can Peterson Toyota Help?
At Peterson Toyota we can help with all your Toyota needs, especially the Toyota Camry. Let us show you just why Toyota has sold over 10 million of these amazing vehicles! Come see us today at 9101 West Fairview Ave in Boise, Idaho, call us at 208.378.9000 or contact us online.
photo source: Toyota USA Facebook